Shane Martin, M.D.
Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Dr. Martin is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. He is fellowship trained in adult reconstructive surgery and is an expert in the field of computer-assisted and robotic joint replacement. He performs both hip and knee replacements for the treatment of arthritis. His practice is focused on helping patients return to a more active and healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Shane Martin regularly speaks in the community about the treatment of arthritis and is committed to educating patients about their disease and the most current state-of-the-art treatment. He strongly believes that the key to a good result is more than just a well-performed surgery. The patient has to be involved and engaged with every aspect of treatment. Dr. Martin values a personal relationship with patients and believes this is a key to success.
Dr. Martin graduated from Georgetown University School of Medicine and then completed his orthopaedic residency at the University of Cincinnati. He joined Phoenix Orthopaedic Consultants after completing a fellowship in adult reconstructive and joint replacement surgery at The Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders. Dr. Martin is currently on staff at Scottsdale Thompson Peak and Arrowhead Hospitals. He has been instrumental in developing the robotic joint program at Arrowhead Hospital and regularly lectures about joint health and the treatment of arthritis. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
- 2006-Present: Phoenix Orthopaedic Consultants Private Practice, Glendale, AZ
- 2005-2006: Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders
Fellowship: Anthony K. Hedley, MD, FRCS
Adult Reconstruction, Phoenix, AZ
- 2000-2005: Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Residency: University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- 1996-2000: Georgetown University School of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- 1991-1995: Juniata College
Bachelor of Science, Huntingdon, PA
- 2011: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX
- 2011: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
78th Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA
- 2010: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Annual Meeting, Dallas,
- 2008: Midwestern University Tumor Board Conference Series
- 2008: American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX
- 2006: New MIS and Computer-Assisted Navigation Techniques
- 2005: From Fundamentals to Controversies…
A Hip and Knee Symposium for Orthopaedic Residents
- 2004: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
71st Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA
- 2003: 8th Annual Residents Symposium
- 2003: Live Surgery Symposium: Hip and Knee Reconstruction
- 2002: Seminar in Musculoskeletal Pathology
University of Florida
- 2001: AO ASIF-Principles
- 2001: Resident Advisory Committee
University of Cincinnati
Publications / Presentations
- 2005: Thromboembolism: Current Concepts. Basic Science Lecture
- 2005: Calcaneal Fractures: Past, Present, and Future. Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds
- 2004: Improved analgesia with intraarticular injection of bupivacaine in total hip artroplasty. Martin SL and Kirk P. Senior Thesis
- 2004: Upper Extremity Anoatomical Review. Anatomy Lecture Series
- 2003: Fracture/Dislocation of the PIP Joint. Cincinnati Hand Surgery Specialists Resident Presentation
- 2003: Ulnar Collateral Ligament Injury in the Throwing Athlete. Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds.
- 2002: Bioabsorbable Implants in Orthopaedics. Past, Present, and Future. Orthopaedic Grand Rounds.
- 1997: Bicosanoid Production from Porcine Neutrophils and Platlets: Differential Production with Various Agonists. Stahl GL, Morse DS, Martin SL, Am J Physiol.
- 1996: Species specific action of C5a induced porcine neutrophil (PMN) function. Martin SL, and Stahl FL. FASEB J. (abstract)
- 1996: C5a induced thromboxane production is dependent of neutrophil and platlet concentrations. Martin SL and Stahl GL. Molecular Immunol. (abstract)
- Physician Leadership Committee – Arrowhead Hospital
- Quality and Assurance Committee – OSNA
- HYALGAN COAT Advisory Panel
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons-Fellow
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons-Diplomat
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons-Fellow
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- Orthopaedic Specialists of North America
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- AT Still University Residency Program-Faculty
- Freiberg Society
- 2008 – 2018: Diplomat – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2005 – Present: State of Arizona; ME 34339